Petroleum Testing & Pipeline Services
Petroleum Testing Services
AGAT Laboratories offers a wide spectrum of laboratory services tailored to meet the needs and demands of the Energy industry. With advanced instrumentation, a team of experts and accreditation by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) for specific tests as listed in the laboratory’s current scope of accreditation, we offer full-service solutions in Petroleum Testing Services.
In Western Canada, Energy Regulations are dictated by the following:
Each governing body has different sampling requirements and frequencies.
AGAT Laboratories has performed numerous determinations for process chemistry that have led to the solution of complex problems. These analyses can be used in both diagnostic and preventative scenarios. Through the use of computer simulation we can assess, model and predict various scenarios that pertain to process chemistry. These simulations and recommendations have proven to be incredibly valuable to our clients in the field.
The main types of analyses that are carried out in our Hydrocarbon laboratories are:
- Compositional gas analysis (C7+ and extended gas analysis)
- Routine oil analysis
- Hydrocarbon liquid analysis, both atmospheric and pressurized (C7 or C30)
- Standard, extended and complete water analysis
- Trace sulphur analysis
- Field H2S analysis
AGAT Laboratories can perform specific tests on fluids by simulating the physical conditions (ie: pressure and temperature) of a reservoir, or of sample points at surface production facilities. The application of these services allows our personnel to determine the various physical properties of fluids through PVT analysis, or other assessments such as water compatibility – where two waters are mixed at specific physical conditions and various proportions.
The applications of these services allows for accurate profiles of glycols, amines and sulfinols as they relate to plant operations and assessments of water compatibility at varied physical conditions.
Crude Oil Analysis
From years of experience, we have determined what our clients are interested in knowing about their crude oil samples. Detailed information surrounding the physical properties of your oil will help ensure your processes are designed to optimize production.
Some of our routine and specialized tests for crude oil analysis include:
- Routine crude oil analysis package
- Heavy/light crude oil analysis package
- API and specific gravity
- Viscosity at various temperatures
- Total and trace sulphur content
- Free water and trace content (Karl Fischer)
- Wax content
- Pressurized Water-cut analysis
Clients utilize our analytical results to achieve an accurate profile of the hydrocarbon distribution within their production streams. The applications of the results range from the examination of profiles at the well through transport and processing to the actual sales product. We have successfully assisted our clients in fine-tuning their hydrocarbon processing facilities, trouble-shooting for facilities in upset conditions, and in analyzing for unknown contaminants in a hydrocarbon stream.
Some of our routine and specialized tests for dry gas and liquid hydrocarbon analysis include:
- Routine gas analysis (hydrocarbons up to C7+ or C10+ and extended), He, H2, CO2, N2, H2S, calculated pseudo critical properties, gross heating value, relative density and molecular weight.
- Atmospheric or pressurized hydrocarbon liquid analysis (including total sample and C7+ relative densities, molecular weights and total sample gas equivalency factors).
- Trace sulphur analysis (determination of H2S and up to 18 different sulphur species).
- Reid vapour pressure.
- GIS and/or GOR determinations by PVT Laboratory.
Oilfield Water Analysis
The applications for water analyses includes the identification of formations via water profiling and correlation-to-log information. The determination of potential corrosiveness, scalability and compatibility assessments allows for enhanced fracing and recoverability techniques.
Tests that we conduct for oilfield water analysis include:
- Standard, extended and complete water analysis
- Compatibility testing (Solmeneq)
- Water scaling tendencies (Solmeneq)
- Corrosion water
- Metals by atomic absorption spectroscopy
- Glycol analysis
- Amine analysis
- Trace and total sulphur analysis
- Polymer concentration in water
- Impinger analysis for H2S in SAGD gas/steam vapour streams
Our Oilfield Water Laboratories combine intensive professional depth with a complete spectrum of instrumentation. This combination provides our lab personnel with the ability to provide efficient services in all aspects of our standard and detailed water analysis. Regardless of location, our accredited laboratories can meet your turn-around time requirements and custom reporting needs.