Minerals & Metals: Geology
Salim, M.D., Bhakta, J.N., Maneesh, N., Munekage, Y., and Motomura, K.
- 2017 “Magnesium Oxide-Impregnated Tuff Soil-Derived Ceramic: a Novel Cadmium (II) Adsorbing Media.” In Applied Water Science 7:1625-1633.
Sharma, S., Dix, G.R., Coniglio, M., Achab, A., and Riva, J.F.V.
- 2005 Records of Punctuated Tectonism in Platform – Interior Graben Systems (Ontario, Canada) Far-Flung from Contemporaneous Taconic Orogenesis in the Northern Appalachians. American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Calgary, 2005.
Sharma, S., Dix, G.R., and Villeneuve, M.
- 2005 “Petrology and Potential Tectonic Significance of a K-bentonite in a Taconian Shale Basin (Eastern Ontario, Canada), Northern Appalachians.” in Geological Magazine 142 (2):1-15.
Abid, Iftikhar A., John D. Harper, and Reinhard Hesse
- 2004 “Basinal Variations in Mixed –Layer Illite /Smectite Diagenesis of the Jeanne’d’Arc Basin,Grand, Banks Offshore Newfoundland” CSPG/CSEG/CWLS Convention 2005, Innovation, Collaboration, Exploration: Building to the Future, Calgary, AB.
Hersi, Osman Salad and George R. Dix,
- 2004 “Shelf –Wide tectonic And Eustatic Control on Sedimentation of Mixed Carbonate-Clastic Sequence: Early Ordovician Theresa Formation of Eastern Ontario, Canada.” Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists Convention, Calgary, AB.
Hersi, Osman Salad and Dale Leckie
- 2004 “Cretaceous Clastic and Carbonate Reservoirs Across the Gulf of Eden: Say-un-Al-Masila Basin of Southern Yemen Versus Al-Mado Basin of Northern Somalia.” Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists Convention, Calgary, AB.
Sharma, S.and Dix, G.
- 2004 “Magnesian Calcite and Chamositic Ooids Forming Shoals Peripheral to Late Ordovician (Ashgill) Muddy Siliciclastic Shores: Southern Ontario.” In Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. 210: 349-368.
Sharma, S., Dix, G.R., and Riva, J.F.V.
- 2003 “Late Ordovician Platform Foundering, its Paleoceanography and Burial, as Preserved in Separate (Eastern Michigan Basin, Ottawa Embayment) Basins, Southern Ontario.” in Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 40:135-148.
Mujtaba, M., Abbas, G.
- 2001 “Diagenetic Control on Porosity Development in Early Eocene Carbonate Reservoirs of Potwar Sub-Basin, Pakistan.” in Pakistan Journal of Hydrocarbon Research 12: 65-72.
Sharma, S., Riva, J.F., Keirnan, J.F., and Dix, G.R.
- 2001 “The Age of Collapse of the Upper Ordovician Foreland Carbonate Platform in Eastern Ontario: Possible Tectonic Links to the Montreal Region.” Geological Association of Canada-Mineralogical Association of Canada Annual Joint Meeting, Newfoundland. Abstract 26:136.
Dawson, F M, McDougall, W J, Pratt, K, Hamilton, W D and Guttormsen, J.
- 1996 “New Analytical Techniques to Determine the Contribution to Porosity and Permeability From Fractures Within Siliciclastic Rocks From the Foothills Region of Alberta.” 1996 SPE Convention, Denver Colorado.
Saner, S., Al-Harthi, A., and, Maung TH.
- 1996 “Use of Totuosity for Discriminating Electro-facies to Interpret The Electrical Parameter of Carbonate Reservoir Rocks.” in Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 16:237.
Al-Fossail, Khalid A., Akbar Ali, Maung TH., and Al-Majed, Abdulaziz A.
- 1995 “Experimental Factors Affecting Mercury Capillary Pressure Curves.” in Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 175:515.
Suman, R and Knight, R.
- 1995 “Hysteresis in Electrical Resistivity of Partially Saturated Rocks.” The First Joint Symposium of the Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists and the Canadian Well Logging Society, Calgary, 28-31 May.
Suman, R J., and Knight, R J.
- 1994 “Network Studies of the Electrical Resistivity of Porous Rocks.” Fall Meeting of the American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, 5-9 December.
Suman, R, and Ruth, D.
- 1993 “Formation Factor and Tortuosity of Homogeneous Porous Media.” in Transport in Porous Media 12: 185-206.
Akbar Ali, Maung TH.
- 1992 “Factors Affecting Mercury Capillary Pressure Measurements”, M.Sc. King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Ruth, D, and Suman, R.
- 1992 “The Role of Microscopic Cross-Flow in Idealized Porous Media.” in Transport in Porous Media, 7:103-125.
Jurgan, H., and Abbas,G.
- 1991 “On the Chorgali Formation (Early Eocene Reservoir) at the Type Locality in Pakistan.” in Journal of Hydrocarbon Research 3(1):35-45.
Suman, R, and Ruth, D
- 1991 “Microscopic Cross Flow and Pore Structure Properties of Homogeneous Porous Media”, the 13th Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, 484-485.
Ruth, D, and Suman, R.
- 1990 “The Role of Microscopic Cross-Flow in Idealized Porous Media, Fundamentals of Fluid” in Transport in Porous Media.” Fifth IFP Research Conference on Exploration and Production, Arles, France, 14-18 May, 33 – 36.
- 1989 “Facies Characteristics of Bhadrar Beds and their Comparison with Chorgali, Sakesar Limestone (Early Eocene) in Pakistan.” in Journal of Hydrocarbon Research 1(1).
Philip, G, Noweir, A M, Shazly, A G, and Seif El-Dein, S A.
- 1981 “Mechanical, Shape and Roundness Analyses of the Igla Formation at Wadi Hammamat Eastern Desert, Egypt.” in Delta Journal of Science, 9:30-74.
Akaad, M K, Noweir, A M, Shazly, A G, and Seif El-Dein, S A
- 1979 “Geology, “Petrography and Condition of Sedimentation of the Igla Formation at Wadi El Hammamat, Eastern Desert, Egypt” in Delta Journal of Science, 3: 52 – 90
Noweir, A M and Seif El-Dein, S A
- 1979 “Petrochemistry and Geochemistry of the Dokhan Volcanics – Igla Formation Association of the Hammamat District, Easter Desert, Egyp.t” in Delta Journal of Science, 3:91-106.
Oil and Gas: Energy & Industrial
- Abbas, Ghulam
- 2004 Porosity Evolution in Eocene Carbonate Gas Reservoirs, Sulaiman Sub-Basin- Pakistan. CSPG /CSEG /CWLS Convention 2004.
- 2004 Potential Use of PVT Data in Petroleum Exploration. A Case Study from North Sea. CSPG /CSEG /CWLS Convention 2004.
Changirwa, R.M, Mutua, & D.K, M.C. Rockwell.
- 1999 “A Mathematical Model for a Multiple-Cone Hydrocyclone Concurrent Three-Phase (CTP) Separation System.” in Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology 38(12): 30.
Changirwa, R.M, Mutua, D.K, & M.C. Rockwell.
- 1999 “A Mathematical Model for a Multiple-ConeHydrocyclone Concurrent Three-Phase (CTP) Separation System.” in Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology Special Edition 38(13): 37.
Mutua, D.K, Changirwa, R.M, & Rockwell, M.C.
- 1999 “A Computer simulation model of a Horizontal Wellbore Cleaning Using a Transverse Axial-Travelling Dynamic-Pressure Jets System.” in Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology Special Edition (38)12: 30.
Hamilton, W D, Val Alstine, D R, & Butterworth, J E
- 1996 “A Fracture-Orientation Comparison Between Core-Based and Borehole-Imaging Techniques; Paleomagnetic, Electronic Multishot, and FMI.” 1996 AAPG Annual Convention in San Diego.
- 1996 “Design and Testing of Transverse Axial Traveling Jet System to Enhance Gravel Packing Horizontal Wellbore.” Phd Thesis, Technical University of Nova, Halifax Nova Scotia.
Peter, S E,
- 1996 “The Crossfield Member of the Wabamun Group in the Lone Pine Creek Area of Southwestern Alberta” (Abstr.); 1996 CSPG/CWLS. A Synergy Workshop on Formation Evaluation in Low Porosity Carbonates and Fractured Reservoirs.
Hamilton, W D, Van Alstine, D R, Butterworth, J E, & Raham, G O,
- 1995 “Paleomagnetic Orientation of Fractures in Jean Marie Member Cores from NE British Columbia/NW Alberta.” 46th Annual Technical Meeting of the Petroleum Society of C I M, Paper 95-56.
Changirwa, R.M, Mutua, D.K, & M.C. Rockwell
- 1994 “Computer Simulated Optimal Contours in Multiple-Hydrocyclone Solid-liquid Separation Systems.” 33rd Conference of Metallurgists, Toronto, August 20-25.
Mutua, D.K., Changirwa, R.M, & Rockwell, M.C.
- 1994 “A Mathematical Model of Gravel-Packing in a Horizontal Wellbore Using a Transverse Axial-Traveling Dynamic Pressure Jets System.” Paper Presented at the 1994 Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Halifax, Nova Scotia, September 25-28.
Mutua, D.K, & Changirwa, R.M.
- 1993 “A Mathematical Modeling of a Horizontal Wellbore Cleaning Using a Transverse Axial-Traveling Dynamic-Pressure Jets System,” Paper Presented at The, 1993, Fifth Petroleum Conference of the South Saskatchewan Section, The Petroleum Society of CIM/CANMET Regina October 18-20.
- 1987 “Detailed Study of Geological Structures and Estimation of Oil and Gas Reserves in Horizon Cbb Romanskii Oil Field.” M.Sc. Thesis, Moscow Academy of Oil and Gas Industries.
Akbar Ali, Maung TH.
- 1982 “The Penetration Rate and Dull Bit Evaluation” Bachelor of Engineering thesis, the Rangoon Institute of Technology, Rangoon, Burma.